Instructor Ballet Technique
Liz started dancing at Summit School of Dance in Plymouth, MN at the age of 7. It was at Summit where she developed a passion for all types of dance, but especially ballet technique.
Liz nurtured this desire to learn classical ballet technique by attending summer ballet intensives. She studied classical ballet at North Carolina Dance Theatre in Charlotte, The ROCK School in Philadelphia, The Washington Ballet in DC, Suzanne Farrell Ballet in Cedar Island, NY, and most notably The Juilliard School in New York City. In 2004, for the start of her freshman year of high school, Liz moved to Boca Raton, Florida to study Classical Vaganova Ballet at the HARID Conservatory on a full scholarship. In 2006, she returned to Minnesota to enjoy her last two years of high school.
Awards and accolades:
- Senior Varsity Captain for the Wayzata Trojet Dance Team
- State Champion (2007)
- State Runner Up (2008)
- All-Tournament Team Member (2007-2008)
- All State Athlete winner (2008)
- Dancer for University of Wisconsin-Madison Division I Dance Team
- Top 10 Placement National Championships (2009-2012)
- Two Rose Bowl Parade and Games (2011,2012)
- Dancer for Crash Productions (2014)
- Coach for Wayzata Junior Varsity Dance Team (2012-2013)
- Competitive Ballet Instructor for Genesis Dance Company (2017-present)
Liz is looking forward to bringing her expertise to The Vibe Dance and Fitness’s Ballet Technique class. She truly believes that ballet is the foundation of all movement, not just dance, and her goal in teaching is to form strong, confident dancers with solid technique and strength.