Beginning at age 4, Cortney spent 15 years of competitive dance studying jazz, ballet, lyrical, contemporary, tap, pointe, hip-hop, and latin styles of dance. She has a Bachelor of Art degree in advertising with a minor in psychology.
For over 11 years, Cortney has choreographed solo and group pieces including Minnesota State University Mankato Dance Team, The University of Minnesota Premier Dance Team, and numerous high school and private dance teams.
Awards and accolades include:
- Four Year Member and Senior Captain of nationally-ranked University of Minnesota Dance Team (2008-2012)
- Six National Championships
- Gold medal winner in Jazz and Pom at the Dance World Championship Competition, 2010
- Assistant Varsity Coach of The Edina Dance Team, (2012-2019)
- State Level Competition Top Four (2015, 2016, 2018)
- State Level Competition Top Three (2017)
- State Level Competition Top Two (2019)
- Company Member and Choreographer at Crash Dance Productions, (2013-2017)
- Dancer, Teacher, and Choreographer at Innovate Dance Company, (2012-2018)
The Vibe Dance and Fitness has been a dream of Cortney’s for many years. She finds joy in assisting individuals to reach their personal goals in their dance or fitness journey. She built this boutique-style business with the idea that this studio will offer you the opportunity to grow, expand on, or rediscover your love and passion for dance and fitness. She is thrilled to provide a space where dancers and movers can train and learn in a supportive and motivating environment.